วันพุธที่ 6 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Does the job well with Wolverine F2D 35mm Film to Digital Image Converter

I bought this particular digital converter,Wolverine F2D 35mm Film to Digital Image Converter with 2.4-Inch LCD and TV-Out, based on a series of generally favorable reviews compared to other similar products. After searching my attic and pull boxes with photos of 35 mm negatives and color slides, I began the tedious task to sort thousands of images to determine what I wanted to save. Anxious to bring Wolverine to the test, I selected about 50 slides and 40 negative to begin with.

I read the instruction manual a few times, then connected the USB cable (included) in the group and then in my computer. Before lighting, I put four slides in the tray (there are separate containers for negatives and slides), taking care of blowing dust. I used the cleaning tool provided some 'on a light table, which involves the insertion of the instrument by opening with the soft side down (if it is upside down, Capture Tool on the cover). I then turned on, then the simple instructions, selecting "slips", inserted the tray into a slot in the side until the first slide appears on the LCD, pressing "OK / scan copy, then press again to register. I then pushed the tray to the next slide was in place and repeated the procedure. It took a few seconds per image to scan and save.

Before scanning an image, can be rotated 90 degrees left or right and save.

Then I put four 35 mm negatives in his tank, 35mm selected menu (which will be scanning negatives B & W, but I have not tried it yet), used the cleanup tool again, insert the plate and repeated the process described for the slides. Again, about five seconds per image. So it's fast, what about image quality?

So I bought a SD memory card for the unit, I still use it. In contrast, the Wolverine store images that can be drawn on the computer screen as a memory card. Will not take long (about 40 images, depending), but is comfortable to use. Selecting the USB icon and select "go / copy" twice sent the pictures on my computer. Drawing pictures, I noticed that it is essential to clean the light table in the best possible way, that all the bits of dust is present, which spots. I think that every other reviewer mentioned this, for good reason. As for how faithfully, my overall rating is "B". Putting aside the problem of dust, I think Wolverine is a good job of it, better than I expected, actually. The colors are fairly accurate, including flesh tones, sharpness and contrast does not appear to be reduced from the original photos. I have not found (unsurprisingly) the original images, if the slide or negative, it was a good or less good as the original image. In particular, in low-light shots, especially the pictures of the interiors look too dark. Instead, blow or blows in well-lit areas during the day outside it looked really good.

I sent the photos you want to keep a folder on my hard disk, and played a bit 'with imaging software (ArcSoft PhotoImpression). I was able to patch for dark images, which should be a breeze with most imaging software. I then deleted the images of Wolverine, and repeated the process. I'll probably put the SD card that I bought when I started processing some of the sessions, but for relatively small lots, it does quite well.

Wolverine F2D 35mm Film to Digital Image Converter with 2.4-Inch LCD and TV-OutI think Wolverine is a bit 'more work on the negatives, 35 mm blade, if this is due to the fact that the negatives are usually kept and preserved rarely discussed in relation to the slides, or if the Wolverine's all just a better job on the negative aspects, I do not know. The difference is not very sensitive, but overall I think a bit 'more negative.

Although I have not spent much time with Wolverine, as he did as I had hoped. Keep all the importance of trying to keep out the dust as far as possible, this device is easy to install and start, solid feel of the building, requires no software, it can be powered with a USB adapter (included) or directly from the computer, and a really good job. I do not know how to make long-term, but so far I'm happy.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น